Thursday, February 21, 2013

Swallow Study Update

Levi has been super fussy since we restarted Miralax a few days ago.  Last night he screamed for hours, and today he was crying so hard they couldn't do the swallow study.  I was so disappointed!  The speech therapist was really sweet, and she fed him a few tiny bites of food and watched how he swallowed.  He was so tired by this point that I didn't think he would even take a bite, but he finally did and Christy was pleased with what she saw.  She said we can give him one tiny snack a day, and work with him as much as possible with empty spoons, or with a little flavor on them.  We rescheduled the swallow study for March 4 early in the morning, when Levi is generally at his best.

Regarding the Miralax, I'm done with it!  I have given it every possible chance and am now throwing it out the window.  I want my happy baby back!!  I assume we'll go back to Milk of Magnesia, but won't know for sure until I talk to the GI doctor tomorrow.

Levi sitting up in a regular high chair :)



No comments:

Post a Comment