Friday, May 3, 2013

Cincinnati, Here We Come!

Today has not been the best day for Levi.  He's running the crying/sleeping pattern again.  The colostomy bag leaked so it had to be changed.  I've been worried because he seems worse today than the rest of the week.  I thought about calling Cincinnati Children's to see if we could get in sooner.  Then I realized that I was getting myself all worked up and not putting things in God's hands.  So I calmed down, and prayed that the nurse from Cincinnati would call, and put the whole issue into God's hands.  Not an hour later, I got the call!  They had a cancellation and wondered if we could be there this coming Monday!  The nurse was so apologetic, but I assured her that this was an answered prayer, and we would be there whenever they needed us to be there.  We are scheduled for outpatient testing and a clinic visit with Dr. Kaul on Monday afternoon, an outpatient test on Tuesday, and he will be inpatient from Wednesday through Friday for more extensive testing.  They have specialized testing that can determine the motility of the bowels, what parts are working or not, and more. 

It's been a whirlwind, but the bus tickets are bought and hotel accomodations have been made.  The Ronald McDonald House is full, but the hospital partners with local hotels, and we were able to get a room at a nice hotel for 1/3 of the regular price, ten minutes from the hospital, and they also provide complimentary car transportation for each of his appointments.  They are even picking us up at the bus station and taking us to the hotel! 

This is a prime example of how rewarding it is to put our trust in the Lord.  We don't have to have all the answers.  Too often I try to rely on my own knowledge, but that just stresses me out and makes me feel inadequate.  It's when I remember that God is all-knowing, and if I just allow him to take my troubles, he will take care of them better than I ever could.  So thank you, Jesus, for answering this very desperate prayer, for being here for me when I trust you, and when I mistakenly rely on myself, for loving me, being patient with me, and for so much more I can't even put into words. 


I have this picture on my computer screen.  It reminds me of Jesus and Levi, and gives me such peace.  I truly believe we will find answers in Cincinnati, and Levi's healing will finally be complete.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment