Friday, June 17, 2011

Finally Party Time!

I am so excited to see everyone tomorrow and celebrate Levi's healing!  All the preparations are made, the food is bought, and all that's left for me to do is sit here and count the hours until tomorrow. lol  I feel like a child on Christmas Eve.  When I think back to our days in the PICU at Cardinal Glennon it's hard to believe that this chubby little munchkin was the 5 pound peanut hooked up to a tree of 14 different medicine pumps, on a breathing tube, in a drug induced coma.  How sweet it is to be here in this moment!  He's napping right now, and will wake up soon to gobble down some formula and cereal.  Which makes me think about when he didn't know how to eat on his own and we had to teach him.  What a success that was!  Just makes me realize that there will come a time in the future when I look back on everything we are trying to teach him now (to hold his head up, to use his hands and arms, to see) and reminisce about how successful THIS was.  We are so blessed and thankful that God has brought us to this point, and know that the path He is leading us on for the future will be even sweeter.  God bless all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment