Wednesday, January 5, 2011

CT Scan

About 5:00 this morning Levi was taken down for a CT scan.  Many times through the day the nurse will shine a flashlight in his eyes to observe how his pupils respond.  Last night they were slow to respond and then did not respond at all, and that's why the CT was necessary.  At first of course I was worried, but with all the prayer covering this little child I put my trust in the Lord and was able to go back to sleep. 

The doctor told me that it showed that Levi is finally at a point in the coma where they want him!  That is definitely good news!  His brain looks about the same as it did when he came into the ER 10 days ago, with problems but nothing acute and certainly nothing they haven't seen before.  I'll take that as good news.

Just as I'm writing this I find out that the Neurology team was in this morning and there is still some seizure activity on the EEG so they may want to adjust (probably turn up one) of his meds.  We will keep the updates coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment