Thursday, January 20, 2011

Frustrated...Need Prayer

For about 4 days now I have been concerned about the pain in Levi's right leg.  He keeps it drawn up and cries when either he or someone else moves it.  I have expressed my concern to everyone. Thankfully yesterday I was able to correlate his crying with yawns to the movement of his leg and felt I had proof that it really hurt him.  As Patrick mentioned in the last post they are giving him Tylenol and we have spoken with all doctoral teams and physical therapy.  I am mostly frustrated with one of the neurologists.  (Prepare yourself, I am abut to vent!)  Pardon me for not accepting his explanation that it is all neurological!  I am not discounting that and understand that it may be part or a lot of it, but we need a plan for pain management not just a quick diagnosis.  This man walks in for a minute, takes a look at the child, and plans his entire future by what he sees in that moment.  The first time he saw him Levi was still sedated and very tired and since the doctor couldn't get him to look to the left he assumed he couldn't and it was neurological.  Within minutes of the doctor leaving Levi was looking to the left just fine.  He makes snap judgments that tick me off and doesn't like it when I challenge him.  I understand I am not a doctor but I am the mother and I spend every minute of the day with Levi and  know what's going on with him.  AND I may not have gone to school for half my life but that doesn't mean I'm stupid!  Anyone can be a Negative Nellie but I choose not to be!  I believe Jesus has completely healed him and although we might have a long road to walk down in the end all will be fine.

**Deep breath**  

Thank you for the chance to vent.  I'm tired and cranky and certainly not at my best today. Please pray that we can resolve this painful issue for Levi!  There are a few things it could be.  My deepest concern is that he is hurting and I want a plan to make that go away!  I'm praying and believing that Levi, through the healing power of Jesus, will amaze this doctor as he has amazed the others.  Thank you all for your prayers!  I continue to pray blessings on all of you as well!   

1 comment:

  1. Ok once again Lynn I agree with you. When emily was in the hospital We hada dr like that and a nurse like that and they were planning her future planned out too. That she wouldnt be able to come home unlit the end of Oct. She proved them wrong on that. Then they told us that every baby that comes out of this one bed to go to a outside bed always has to go back to the other bed cause they cant hold there temp. Well she held her temp. If you need to call me call anytime I will listen to you and will never judge you. Try to get them to do a ultersound. I think his leg is like that cause of the line.

    ReplyDelete