Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Looking Back...

There's just something about a baby in the house at Christmas.  I've been so excited that we put our tree and decorations out over the weekend.  I know Levi won't remember this Christmas, but I certainly will.  For months I had a hard time even thinking about last Christmas. He was so very sick, and I was just beginning to realize that something was definitely not right. It was only 2 days later that we were rushed to Cardinal Glennon by ambulance.  Thinking on that time has always filled me with such a feeling of sadness, and guilt, because I feel like I should have known something was wrong well before that.  But now on this side of it, I can look back on the path God was leading us, and know that everything happened in the way it was supposed to, according to God's plan.  It's been a hard road, but as we are coming around to Christmas again, we are in a much better place.  Yes, Levi does still have some issues, but we are working through them and this, too, is in God's plan.  Levi is healthy and happy and here with us, thank God!  So it is with relief that I cast aside the sadness and pain of the past.  I can enjoy the present, and look forward to the future with hope and excitement of what the next year will bring.  Whatever it is, I know the Lord will continue to hold us in his capable hands, and light our way.


2 comments:

  1. Amen, Lynn ! You and Patrick have been exemplary in your faith and perseverance in the face of everything you and Levi have been through ... I know God will continue to be with you - with guidance, comfort, and strength for the journey ahead ...

    ReplyDelete