Monday, February 27, 2012

Fasting and Praying for Seizure Freedom!

I've been feeling the need for another fast.  Last May was a difficult month.  We were at Cardinal Glennon frequently, receiving new diagnosis like Infantile Spasms and Hip Dysplasia. On June 1 we began a fast, and that very day we received our first piece of good news.  It only got better from there.  I know that God honors fasting.

This coming Saturday marks Levi's next med change (increase Clobazam, decrease Phenobarbital), so I thought it appropriate to begin fasting today through Friday and praying for seizure freedom.  I looked back at the seizure log, and it seems the seizure count was around 30-50 a day, give or take, before starting Clobazam, and they have remained there until present.  So although we have not seen a lessening, at least we have not seen an increase.  Clobazam is supposed to be very effective at treating both types of seizures that Levi suffers from, and I'm praying and believing that the Lord will use this to heal him completely!  We still have 2 increases before we reach the goal dose.

Beginning today until Friday, I will be fasting meat.  I ask that, if God puts it on your heart, to join me in fasting and praying this week.  Fasting can be from one thing or many things, and does not have to be food.  Some examples: coffee, chocolate, facebook, video games...anything that is difficult to give up.  Even if you decide not to fast, please join us in praying for complete seizure freedom. When we all come together in prayer, the Lord is in our midst! (Matthew 18:20 For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.")


Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers for Levi!  Every one is greatly appreciated, and we will be praying special blessings on anyone who says even the smallest prayer for our baby!  God Bless!


1 comment:

  1. I will be fasting coffee and pepsi along with you!! We KNOW and have SEEN with our own eyes what fasting and prayer will and has done. GOD is so good!!

    ReplyDelete