Saturday, March 2, 2013

Observation

Today the doctors have been observing Levi.  They said he was happy all day.  Sure, there wasn't anything going into his stomach.  He's been on IV fluids all day but his urine output was still low.  So they decided that he should have half of a bolus feed at 5:00 of his normal formula.  Even though I told them he couldn't keep water down the day before, and he proved that by vomiting in the ER. He didn't make it fifteen minutes into the feed before vomiting and screaming ensued.  It took Mom a while to calm him down after that. 

I was out today so I could attend foster parenting classes (only 1 more left!) and an anniversary party for Patrick's aunt and uncle.  When I got back to the hospital I found that his stomach was quite a bit more distended than yesterday,  which is strange because he hasn't had any food in three days.  The doctor was considering trying another feed, but I said no.  I have explained the vomiting cycle, and twice now he's displayed it, so I'm not putting him through that again.  The resident agreed with me.  I plan on having a long talk when the doctors come in tomorrow.  We have been dealing with the same issues since the feeding tube was placed in August.  I have been patient and listened to them for almost seven months now.  It's time for me to stand my ground.  If you could pray for wisdom and strength for me, I would surely appreciate it!  And as always, prayers for a solution to Levi's GI issues.  The Lord has answered our prayers so many times before, I know this time will be no different. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment