Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hip Surgery

Levi is having day surgery next week to find out exactly what is wrong with his hips.  His left hip is either fitting too loosely in the socket, in which case he will be in a cast for about three months; or his hip was septic when he was so sick with meningitis and all the cartilage is gone, and one leg will be shorter than the other.  If that is the case, they will wait until the future to do anything. I don't know if that would mean surgery, or special shoes, I'm just not sure.  We are praying and believing that his hip will be healed in the Name of Jesus!

We had a meeting with the physical therapist yesterday and he will be starting therapy very soon.  We have a follow up meeting with occupational and developmental therapists soon as well, and will probably be meeting with all three on a weekly basis.  I'm very excited about this because now we will be moving forward and helping Levi learn the skills that he should have at this age.  I think he's doing well, considering everything he's been through.  He does try to do some of the things he's supposed to (holding up his head, focusing and tracking items, etc). 

There is some concern that he does not see clearly, and we will be visiting an opthamologist next month.  My calendar is so full of appointments I have to check it before I shedule anything else LOL.  That's ok, one day all this will be behind us and we will have a happy, active little boy!

We will be having an open house for Levi on June 18 in Godfrey.  I will post details soon. We would love to see and/or meet all the fabulous people who have been praying for Levi all these months!  Please come join us!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Levi
    My name is Jenna and I came across your site. You are a brave courageous fighter, and a real inspirational hero. I was born with a rare life threatening diease, developmental delays, and many different special needs. I was also born with hip displaisa which can be very painful/
    www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't imagine the pain you're suffering right now. But, as always, have faith and soon you'll find the joy within your family again. I knew these things because my father had his hips replaced as well.

    Best wishes. Tim @ depuy asr recall

    ReplyDelete