Thursday, September 1, 2011

Seizures, Seizures, GO AWAY!

Well, Levi is still having seizures.The infantile spasms are much reduced from what they used to be, thank God, and the partial, or focal, seizures have increased, which I believe was due to Sabril.  I'm afraid I may have to raise the dose on Keppra again.  We have seen so much improvement in Levi's movement and holding his head that I'm really reluctant to do that, but I may need to.  I think I"ll still wait a day or two to see what happens.  Tuesday we increased Banzel to one pill in the evening (he was on 1/2 pill twice a day) and we will go up again next week so that he will be on 1 pill twice a day.  Currently that is our goal dose.  I don't know what the max limit is for this med.  Since we started Banzel the seizures are down a bit, especially in the morning, and I don't really notice any side effects, thank God!  After the nightmare of Sabril I was nervous to try something else.  I read a blog of another little girl who battled infantile spasm seizures for two years, trying med after med that didn't work, and Banzel was the one that finally took her seizures completely away.  It's very encouraging, especially since her mom didn't notice a change until they reached the right dose and then BAM they were gone!  Oh, Lord, PLEASE let that happen for Levi!!  I would really love to begin decreasing Keppra again and get rid of it.  Who knows what this little guy will be capable of sans that super sedating drug!  The plan is for Banzel to take away the seizures, then we will begin to wean off the other meds one by one, until he is just on Banzel.  This could potentially be accomplished by Christmas.  What a lovely gift that would be!  A seizure-free, alert and happy baby!  If you could please pray specifically for these things we would very much appreciate it!  And we are praying special blessings on all of you as well!

I can't believe it's September 1st.  I love Fall, it's my favorite season, and I'm really looking forward to going for walks with Levi, crunching around in leaves, watching the gorgeous colors of the trees, and smelling the crisp Fall air.  Hopefully we can fit a camping trip in, too.

Seizure Diary:

Tuesday: Spasms - 42 in 27 episodes; Partial - 21

Wednesday: Spasms - 29 in 21 episodes; Partial - 20

Thursday: Spasms - 40 in 30 episodes; Partial - 30

No comments:

Post a Comment