Friday, September 7, 2012

GI Doctor Appointment

We met with Dr. Rosenblum today, Levi's GI doctor.  After I went over the details of the last three weeks, he agreed with me that something doesn't seem right.  He said it's possible that his body is just still trying to recover from the severe gastroenteritis, but he wants to do some tests to be sure nothing more serious is going on.  They scheduled us at Cardinal Glennon on Monday morning for an upper GI and bowel series.  He said, "Let's put some stuff down the tube and see where it goes."  I love this guy, he's funny and comforting all at the same time.

Yesterday I gave Levi pedialyte, and 1/2 Ketocal/1/2 water. He was able to keep everything down.  Today he has had full strength Ketocal and also kept it down.  I will start progressing from 2 ounces as he tolerates it.  I pray he doesn't have any more episodes of vomiting and that nothing is seriously wrong, and that the true problem is brought to light very soon!

Levi asleep in the gait trainer after working with Shawnery today :)


No comments:

Post a Comment