Sunday, July 31, 2011

Drugged and Drowsy

Today has not been one of my most positive days.  Levi is on so many sedatives that he is either asleep, or fighting sleep, all the time.  I was so excited to begin Sabril but now I'm having second thoughts.  He's only been on it for a week, and I know that isn't giving it sufficient time to work, but it's just so sad to see him so exhausted all the time!  I also know that when he sleeps he doesn't have seizures, and that is a good thing.  I guess I just wasn't expecting his drowsiness to make me feel so sad.  He didn't have as many ticks today, so hopefully the Clonazepam is doing exactly what the doctor expected.  Speaking of doctors, we are so blessed to have such a wonderful neurologist!  Dr. Chrusciel is caring, and has been in contact with me throughout the weekend, which is amazing!

I'm going to end here because I'm tired and I'm afraid I might whine some more.  I'll come back tomorrow when I feel more positive.

Seizure Diary - 65 Spasms in 15 episodes; Ticks - 7

No comments:

Post a Comment