Sunday, January 2, 2011

Very Serious Update!

This morning the doctor explained to me that because Levi was now peeing out the fluids they were putting in him, they had to give him a hormone overnight.  As of this morning the hormone was not working.  They have room to up the dose, and at that time were upping it, but if not fixed this is not a condition that is survivable.  We need specialized prayer that this condition, called DI, will be brought under control quickly and that there will be no more problems with it!!!!  This is very serious, even more so than the seizures. 

On a bright note, they have finally reached the levels of non-seizure activity that they wanted.  In about 24 hours they will begin trying to bring down the dosage of Pentabarbitol, the seizure med that they use to put him in a coma, a little at a time to see what happens.  We still need prayer for the seizures, brain infection, and quick and total recovery, but at this moment the fluid problem, DI, is of utmost importance.  Again, this HAS to be controlled for him to survive this illness.

We are praying continuously and know that Jesus is holding Levi in His Hands.  We trust the Lord and know that although we must walk this through, everything is for a reason and Levi will be returned to us in wonderful health and go on to live a happy and productive life.  We have prayed for this little guy for many years even before his birth, and know that he is meant to be our son!

Thanks to all for prayers.  Please post comments, prayers, encouragement, whatever you like, even if we don't personally know you.  It is comforting and helpful to us to know that so many people are praying for our little miracle boy.

8 comments:

  1. You are all in our prayers. It's hard to imagine that he's going through all this after seeing him sleep so peacefully at church last week-end. Thanks for setting up this web site.

    Jennifer L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Trust Him with all your heart and He will direct your path. WE love you all so much and know the Lord is keeping you on His front burner and has not forgotten your trouble. Rebuke the enemy that has come to steal, rob and destroy. Get mad at the "Father of sickness and disease". Somethimes I will go to a private place (perhaps your room) and just scream at the enemy and command him to let loose of the situation. He has not right to steal Levi from us. Read him your rights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jehovah Raphe is our healer! Continue to speak God's healing scriptures over his precious body and fill his surroundings with praise and thanksgiving. Fight fear with your faith. We ( The Joneses are remaining steadfast in prayer )
    God has a special plan for Levi ( Jeremiah 29:11)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will keep him in my prayers! I have witnessed, first-hand, the miraculous healing of God in my life. I was born with Hydrocephalus and was told that I would never be able to walk, talk, or feed myself. I am now 19 years old and live a normal life. (I am a friend of Kori's and she has been keeping me updated)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your comments and prayers! Scott, I did that this morning and felt much better for it! The enemy has no authority here! Damian, I have been holding on to that very scripture! Laura Ann, thank you for sharing your experience with me! You have no idea how much encouragement I take from that! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know prayers work cause I gave birth to a 3lb baby and she was in the hospital the first month of her life hooked up to machines. I have learned so much from when she was in the hospital and who was my true friends I lived so far away from everyone but I had some good friends who would call me and come sit with me in the Nicu it was so hard. I know Levi will pull threw this cause he has fighting jeans in his bllod and he comes from a loving and dear family and they have always been there for me Lynn just let God do his thing now he is in Gods hands and he will heal him and bring him home to you all. Love to you all Gina

    ReplyDelete