Sunday, January 30, 2011

Levi Moved His Left Leg!!!!!!!!!

Since waking up from his coma Levi has not been moving his left leg.  We have had some twitches and small movements in his foot, but nothing more than that.  We have been doing range of motion with him as Pam, the physical therapist, taught us, and just rubbing and playing with his leg.  I noticed earlier today a couple times that his leg was in a different position than normal, and realized he must have moved it.  Just now when I changed his diaper he pulled his leg from my hand as I was playing with his toes!  He bent it a couple times and moved his foot around!  PRAISE GOD!!!  I knew he would regain movement on that side! He did sustain some brain damage in his frontal lobes, which control motor skills, and the neurology team believed that the right side was too tight and the left side too lax. We have believed all along that the Lord has healed him and he would regain movement to all his limbs.  Once the picc line was moved on his right leg the tightness and pain went away and he moves it normally now, and today we see that the left side is on the mend as well!  All I can say is Thank You Jesus!  WOOOHOOOO!!!!  I am so excited!!!!!  WISH I had gotten that on video :D
Levi on our first day home :)
 Levi in his new bassinet, complements of Ancsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment