Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fast for Levi

Patrick and I decided to fast and pray for Levi's healing during the month of June.  We are fasting animal protein (meat, eggs, cheese, ice cream, etc).  For those of you who know me, you know that ice cream is one of my most favorite things ever, and one bowl (or cone, or sundae, or blizzard...) can fix all the world's problems. lol  I'm really excited about this fast!  I want to grow closer to the Lord and catapult Levi into healing of these newest problems.  Today was the first day of our fast, and we've gotten some of the most wonderful news!  We finally visited the urologist for the fluid sack on Levi's scrotum.  It is nothing to worry about!  It is a simple hydrocele which is very small and should clear up on it's own within the next six months!  WOW! To visit a new doctor and come away with news like that is definitely an answered prayer!  Also, I've just felt so much more peaceful and relaxed today.  I've been feeling lately as if a dark cloud were hanging over our heads all the time, even on the good days, but today I felt a covering.  I know this is the peace that surpasses all understanding.  I'm so thankful for that!

Tomorrow we go in for a 24 hour video eeg to gain more understanding of these new seizures and to see if the Topamax has made an impact.  Friday we will see the ortho doctor because Levi is growing so much his cast is becoming tight.  Hopefully they can just modify it instead of replacing the whole cast!  Please pray with us that the Topamax is working well and his seizures will be gone and ultimately, that he is healed of epilepsy altogether! We ask this in Jesus' name!  Thanks for your prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment