Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Last Day of Long Spica Cast!

Well today is the last day that we will ever see this long spica cast, tomorrow we can say So Long and Good Riddance!  Unfortunately we are still projected to have 6 more weeks with a Spica Cast that goes to his knees on both legs, but I'm praying that his hip heals quicker than expected.  I can't believe it's been six weeks already.  When it was first put on 12 weeks seemed like forever.  Thank God it's gone by fast!

I called the neurosurgeon about the fluid that has been collecting around Levi's shunt, and we are going in early before the surgery tomorrow to have a CT scan.  Hopefully everything is fine!  She said it could mean a few different things and not necessarily bad, so that's encouraging.  Please pray that the shunt is functioning well and the fluid is a minor issue!

Somehow I missed the call from the neurologist.  I don't think my phone even rang, and by the time I got her message the office was closed for the day.  A little disappointing, because I wanted to talk to her about going up to 6 pills in the morning and 6 pills in the evening of Topamax, instead of leaving it at 5 in the morning.  My hope is that taking a jump like that will knock these seizures away!  I just don't know if that's a safe dose or not.

He's been really great today.  We had lunch with our friends Barb, Larry, and Amy today, and Levi was super good!  He's been so calm and cuddly.  Mom is snuggling with him right now :)  I'll post tomorrow after the surgery and will hopefully have answers to my many questions by then.  Here are a few pics of Levi's last day of the long spica cast lol






No comments:

Post a Comment