Thursday, April 11, 2013

Contact with Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Today I received my first contact with Cincinnati Children's.  The lady I spoke with was super nice.  She explained that she would email me a list of medical records they would need, and after the doctor reviews them she will call me with an appointment.  I spoke with the Cardinal Glennon radiology department and they are mailing the records out in the morning.  I hope everything else goes that smoothly!  I know that they schedule based on medical needs, not first come, first served, so that is great.  We've been dealing with these issues for 8 months now, with countless trips to the ER and lengthy hospitalizations.  I'm praying we can get seen quickly!  At least at the  moment I feel that we are managing his symptoms in a more successful manner.

He was so cute today!  He had an excellent speech therapy session with Kathryn.  Later in the afternoon he was a bit fussy.  I thought he just wanted me to hold him, so I did while I was using the computer.  No, that wasn't good enough.  He wanted my undivided attention.  Once I started interacting with him, he was all smiles, holding his head up, etc.  Once he'd had enough, he settled down and took a tiny catnap on my lap.  He's also seemed bored in his normal spots like the feeder chair and having tummy time on the floor.  I put him in the gait trainer and he was having a great time.  His head control was very good, he actually set off his little flower toy several times, and he was generally happy.  Until Daddy got home.  Patrick didn't even make it into the living room but Levi knew he was home.  I was sitting next to him, and once he heard Patrick's voice he stood up, lifted his head up, and smiled one of the biggest smiles I've seen from him.  If he could have jumped up and down, he would have :)  It was a great day!  At bathtime he decided to scream for an hour, but I think the day had just caught up with him, and he was overly tired.  He's snoozing away now, looking precious, as always.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment